The Mass Timber Conference's 2024 theme is "Timber Beyond Boundaries," which compliments the conference's annual tradition of expanding capacity, functionality, and attendee experience. For 2024, the Mass Timber Conference has launched the following upgrades:
- Optimized the location of the exhibit halls and educational tracks to the north side of the Oregon Convention Center, which offers a vastly improved layout and easier navigation compared to the 2023 event and is closer to event hotels.
- Doubled the seating capacity of the educational track rooms to 900-1,000 seats per track.
- Enhanced and simplified hotel room reservations, added more hotels to choose from, and introduced dedicated customer support for reservations.
- Created a second Portland buildings tour to serve increasing demand.
- Expanded the exhibit hall an additional 30,000 square feet.
- Added two pre-conference mass timber workshops, hosted by WoodWorks, on Tuesday, March 26 — a basics workshop titled "A Comprehensive Introduction to Mass Timber Design" and an advanced workshop titled "Advancements in Timber: Cutting-Edge Mass Timber Research and Design."
In addition, the conference is partnering with the Urban Land Institute (ULI) — specifically ULI Northwest and the ULI Randall Lewis Center for Sustainability — for its first-ever educational track dedicated to developers. One of four educational tracks, ULI's Track 4 is titled "Developer Outlook: Building the Business Case for Mass Timber."